Indirect Immuno Fluorescence Testing (IIFT) is the Gold Standard for diagnosis of autoimmune diseases. The advantage is its high specificity. This clearly distinguishes weak specific signal in spite of strong unspecific accompanying reactions.
IIFT uses tissues and cell lines as substrate and this offers the entire antigen spectrum for identification. This facilitates simultaneous detection of a larger number of antibodies.
EUROIMMUN employs modern production processes to develop a number of exclusive and efficient techniques – the Biochip technology and the TITERPLANE technique. Both these are patented.
EUROIMMUN has formulated a unique method, similar to the one used by the electronics industry in manufacturing electronic microchips.
Cover glasses are coated with cells, tissue sections or other biological substances , machine cut to milimeter sized fragments (Biochips) . The Biochips are then glued onto a slide using a computer-controlled device.
- Cultured cells, tissue sections or purified antigens in the same test field
- Combination of substrates treated with different kinds of fixatives in the same test field
- Ideal for high-throughput and multiplex testing
- Optimum standardization: more individual tests from one tissue section
- Selective presentation of diagnostically relevant structure
- Extreme miniaturization of IFA test systems
- Combination of different/differently fixed substrate in one test field
- Biochips located at defined position in the test field – no searching required
- Biochip mosaics for antibody profiles
- No exchange of microscope slides necessary for complete diagnosis
- Tissues covalently bound to glass slides: no detachment + better preservation of tissue structure
- Huge flexibility regarding number of test fields
- Easy handling
- Simultaneous start of all reactions
- Drops don‘t spill over – no cross contamination
- Identical conditions during incubation
- No evaporation of liquid – no humidity chamber necessary
- Fast analysis and fast results
- Worldwide largest variety of test systems
- Fully automated production guarantees stable quality
- Reagents are ready to use and exchangeable between test kits
- Preincubated slides available for training
- Customized slides for IFA (Biochip combinations)
Range of Autoimmune IIFT Products:
- Skeletal Muscle/Heart
- Cell Nuclei (ANA)
- Mitochondria (AMA)
- Smooth Muscle (ASMA)
- Basic Profiles (ANA, AMA, ASMA)
Range of Infectious IIFT Products:
- BIOCHIP Mosaics™ for Infectious Serology